Today in the Decree on the Mission Activity of the Church, we begin Chapter 5 on “Planning Missionary Activity.”
Article 28 does a nice job of introducing the chapter via a series of Scriptural references that illustrate the point thaqt it is good to be organized with each person doing their own part in service of the Gospel. Article 29 then goes into the cduties of a central office for the “Propagation of the Faith” to be the working office of the bishops of the world in conducting missionary activity.
Here are the Scripture citations:
cf. Rom. 12:6
cf. 1 Cor. 3:10
cf. John 4:37
cf. 1 Cor. 3:8
And the footnotes:
1. Cf. Dogmatic constitution, “Lumen Gentium,” 18.
2. Cf. Dogmatic constitution, “Lumen Gentium,” 23.
3. Cf. Motu proprio, “Apostolica Sollicitudo,” Sept. 15, 1965.
4. Cf. Paul VI, allocution Nov. 21, 1964, in council (AAS 1964).
5. Cf. Benedict XV, “Maximum Illud” (AAS 1019, 39-40).
6. If these missions for special reasons are made subject to other ecclesiastical jurisdictions for a time, it is fitting that this ecclesiastic jurisdiction establish relations with the Sacred Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith so that in ordering and directing all these missions, a regular and uniform pattern can be realized.